How to access your drives off campus through WEB Storage?

To access your P Drive-Departments, U Drive-Community or H Drive – Home Drive anywhere off-campus you can do so in three easy steps:

* You will need to download the files to your computer, work on them and then re-upload them to the drive.

  1. Log into BC One Access, go to the search bar and type in “Web Storage”
  2. Click on Web Storage
  3. All three drives will be listed on the front of the page H: P: and U: Drive

The main drives are as follows:

H: The "H" drive is your personal storage area.  Under normal conditions, you are the only one that has access to this drive space.  You are given an initial allotment of space and it is up to you to manage this allotment.  The best way to do this is to save older files to a CD-ROM or DVD when the drive is reaching capacity.  If you find that you require more space, open a help desk ticket to request more space and it will be reviewed by our systems staff.

P:  The "P" drive is your department drive.  You will be assigned this drive automatically based upon your job assignment's cost center codes.  You may have access to multiple department drives depending upon your job assignment(s).

U:  The "U" drive is known as the community drive. Based upon your various "memberships" in the college community you will be assigned access to appropriate community drives. Your supervisor will know the name of the drive and should submit a help desk ticket to have the drive assigned to you. The U: drive is not assigned automatically and access requires a request by your supervisor or the owner of the drive.



Article ID: 63635
Mon 10/8/18 4:44 PM
Fri 8/7/20 11:37 AM